Close to Home – Advent & Christmas Sermon Series
When something hits close to home, it affects us deeply. During the Advent and Christmas season, we journey through scriptures and rituals that are tender, heavy with emotion, and vulnerable. We carry the memories and truths of this season close to our hearts. Close to Home acknowledges the “already but not yet” tension of our faith: Emmanuel is with us, and yet, God’s promised day—our everlasting home—is not fully realized. It names our deep longing for God to come close to us.
This Advent, may we be comforted by the One who dwells intimately with us. May we expand safety and sanctuary for everyone wandering far from home. May we come home— wherever home is found—to live fully with joy, hope, and courage.
- Nov. 28—Homesick (Hope) Luke 21:25-36
- Dec. 5—Laying the Foundation (Peace) Luke 1:57-80
- Dec. 12—A Home for All (Joy) Luke 3:1-18
- Dec. 19—Seeking Sanctuary (Love) Luke 1:39-55
- Christmas Eve—Invited Home Luke 2:1-20
- Dec. 26—Stories Behind the Carols
- Jan. 2—Chosen Home Luke 2:41-52